Recently on “Good Morning America”, they featured a dating segment that sent two single female volunteers out into the New York City bar scene to see what works and what doesn’t in today’s dating world. Tonya Reiman, body language expert and author of “The Body Language of Dating”, analyzed their body language and compiled a list of some Do’s and Don’ts when it comes to body language and some signals to look for to see how interested he is in you!
- Be self-aware. It’s the No. 1 most important fact to know what signals you are sending.
- Look your interest in the eye and break eye contact by looking down and looking back up.
- Wear natural scents such as vanilla and lavender.
- Tilt your head to the left (studies show this is more sexually attractive).
- Nod your head when he is speaking.
- Hunched shoulders are a turn off.
- Cross your arms in front of your body (not only does it indicate you are defensive, but studies have found we absorb less information when we close our body language).
- Don’t rub your hands together.
- Rub or touch your nose.
- Slouch in a chair.
He is interested if …
- He looks at you and his eyebrows go up – this indicates interest
- His lips part slightly.
- He looks you up and down slowly.
- You are his sole focus of attention (you are the only one in the room, metaphorically).
- Posturing — erect stance, chest out, shoulders back, stomach in.
For more body language do’s and don’ts, click here for more tips from Reiman.