Welcome to the It’s Just Lunch Midwest Employee Spotlight! Each week we will be featuring one of our many talented employees and highlighting their role here at It’s Just Lunch (along with some stellar dating advice too, of course!)
This week it is our pleasure to introduce you to...Gina Gedeon!
2. What is your favorite part of working for It's Just Lunch? I am so passionate about what we do here! Being responsible for uniting two individuals who would not normally have met on their own, and hearing a ‘happily ever after’ story is so rewarding to me!
3. What's your favorite thing to do outside of work? I have always been into singing since I was a little girl, and I taught myself how to play the acoustic guitar. I really enjoy cooking, too! Spending time with family and friends is also very important to me. I am blessed to have such wonderful people in my life.
4. What is the best piece of advice you could offer to singles that are ready to enter the dating scene? My advice would be to go in to each and every date with an open mind. The most important thing is to be yourself! Let your date get to know the REAL you. You shouldn’t feel like you can’t voice your opinions or what your thoughts are. By being yourself, you will have a much better first date experience.
5. What's your favorite restaurant in the area and why? It’s a tie between two places! I really like the upscale dining atmosphere at Blue Point Grille in Downtown Cleveland. (I’m a huge fan of seafood!) However, in North Olmsted, I am a big fan of Wild Mango. They are very creative with their menu selections, and they have a fun, private atmosphere.
6. What is your dream date? Since we are ‘dreaming’ here…. I’d fly down to the Florida Keys and book a Charter for deep sea fishing for the day! What we catch is what we’ll eat at a restaurant right on the coast. After dinner, we’d take a stroll down the beach and watch the sunset in the distance while sipping on some red wine. I prefer interactive dates where we can strike up a conversation and laugh versus a movie or a play where conversation is restricted.
7. Do you have a mantra that you live by? “How you make others feel about themselves, says a lot about you”. I’m also a fan of “Be the kind of woman that makes other women want to be you”.
8. What's your favorite memory from working at It's Just Lunch? I’ve been with It’s Just Lunch for nearly 6 years now, and each day is a new adventure. I’d have to say that one of my most memorable and proudest moments was when I found out that my very FIRST client years ago married the FIRST girl he met through me. It set the bar high for me right from the beginning!
9. What are your top 3 dating tips?
- Be on time! Sitting and waiting for a first date to show up, not knowing whether they've stood you up or simply running late is a real mood killer. Since first dates are stressful enough as it is, please make a point of being there on time.
- Look your best to feel your best! Dress appropriately (not too revealing). Hygiene is very important, too!
- Spend some time talking, but equally important…. Spend some time listening! Engage in the conversation- ask questions, be prepared to answer questions with more than just a yes or no.